The ODROID-GO Advace was backordered when I ordered one from ameridroid back in January. Today it unexpectedly showed up with a tiny bag of gummi bears. ameriDroid sent the newer Black Edition revision at no additional cost.
I put off replacing my dying TypeMatrix after the nine and zero keys became flaky. Then the copy, cut and paste shortcut keys started doing random things. Eventually the key to switch to Dvorak layout quit working and pressing other keys would cause antics from random characters to closing windows. It had a good run and I almost bought a second one, but they’re expensive so I looked at other options.
The Korg NTS-1 synthesizer I preordered back in October was delivered today. I was looking forward to playing with it over break but its release date was pushed back several times. It finally arrived right at the start of the spring semester, so seriously learning how to operate the thing will have to wait until summer. I did have one night free to assemble and test the NTS-1 before classes took off.
For a few years now, about a dozen of my friends and I have rented a cabin for a weekend in the winter. My friend likes to host trivia games and this time he wanted to build a set of podiums and a host box. He built the podiums and host box from wood with his fiance’s father and sourced all the parts. I worked on the electronics and the code. We started kind of late, so we only had a couple of weeks to get everything together, but it turned out well.
I spent some time working on the pathfinding for mech_rl. The game is turn-based, but the pathfinding code is threaded and caches path request results so that the display of potential movement paths as the player moves the mouse cursor around the map remains responsive.